East Noble School Corporation is considering a balanced calendar for the 2014-2015 school year. A balanced calendar is not year round school! Instead, it is a calendar that has balanced breaks throughout the school year and eliminates most of the “one day” breaks. IF ENSC were to use a balanced calendar, it would look something like this:
- Start Date would be around August 7 or 8.
- A one or two week break would fall in early November or the week before and the week of Thanksgiving.
- A two week break for winter break.
- A two week break for spring break. These weeks would fall the last week of March and the first full week of April.
- The last day of the year would be some time during the week of June 1.
- Snow days would be made up at the end of the year; however, we could add a few make up days in May.
Please let me know your thoughts. Check the Parent Updates tab for links to recent Parent Weekly Notes. You will find additional information in those notes.