Hopefully, we do not miss any additional school days, but if we do, ENSC staff will be prepared. We are going to try something that many parents and students have asked for – an eLearning Day! An eLearning day can be used to make up a cancelled school day. ENSC will have to use a Saturday to make this happen as we have used up all of our other free week days. Here is how an eLearning day will work:
1. Our next cancelled day (if before spring break) will be made up as an eLearning day on Saturday, April 19.
2. Students will receive all of their assignments by at least Friday, April 18.
3. All students will take their devices home for the weekend to complete their work.
4. Teachers will host “office hours” and check in with students all weekend to provide support.
5. Assignments are to be completed before returning to school on Monday, April 21.
ENSC understands that a true virtual/eLearning student may not always engage in their school work during a structured day of 8-3. We realize some students may choose to work early morning hours, late evening, and may even spread their work over more than one day.
This will be an excellent opportunity for ENSC and students to evaluate our ability to host eLearning days. Following the day, ENSC will use input from teachers, students, and families, to make needed changes and improvements for future eLearning days. If this is successful, this may be an option in future years.
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 260-347-2502 with any questions. See the attached letter for additional information. 2014 eLearning make up 2014